When preparing for home upgrades this year, consider the impact new home siding can have. If your siding is a little worse for wear, the appearance of your entire home could be affected. By upgrading this external design feature, you can brighten up your home’s colors, install long-lasting materials, increase your home’s value, and enjoy a beautiful new home for years to come. If you are ready to breathe new life into your home exterior, consider installing one of the following home siding options.
Vinyl siding is one of the most affordable home siding options and comes in many color and style options. Vinyl is a favorite choice because:
- It is lightweight and durable
- In many cases, new vinyl siding can be installed over existing siding, which makes it a great choice for retrofitting
- Vinyl siding is easy to maintain and can often be cleaned with a hose
- New vinyl siding products are designed to be less prone to fading after years of sun exposure
Wood siding, typically made from red or cedarwood, is a beautiful, classic choice for updating your home siding. Wood does require more maintenance than others, but when properly cared for, it can be incredibly durable. A few extra benefits include:
- Redwood and cedar naturally resist decay and insect infestations
- Damaged or cracked planks and shakes are easy to replace
- Wood siding is easy to paint, seal, and stain based on your preferences
Fiber-cement siding has a long lifespan and can positively impact your home value. Additionally, fiber-cement siding:
- Is sturdy, virtually maintenance-free, and resistant to insect infestation
- Planks can be built to resemble different textures, such as stone or stucco
- Can come prefinished in a range of colors or primed and ready for a custom paint job
Fiber-cement siding is also more resilient to cold and wind, making them an excellent option for beach homes that experience a range of weather.
Engineered Wood Siding
While many homes are installing engineered wood flooring, engineered wood siding is rising in popularity. Engineered wood is made of wood fibers and binding agents and is a lower-cost alternative to natural redwood or cedar siding. The perks of this siding include the following:
- It is an eco-friendly product
- Planks are available primed and ready to paint or can come factory-finished in various colors
- Binding agents used in the manufacturing process make the siding planks resistant to insect infestations
These durable and appealing home siding options can help you upgrade your home this year and have it look brand new.
Make Your Dream Home a Reality with T&G Builders
T&G Builders, located in Berlin, MD, has been a premier waterfront custom home builder and home improvement contractor serving Worcester and Sussex Counties for over 25 years. We are a locally owned and operated business known for our uncompromising commitment to quality, our passion for using innovative technology and premium materials to complete projects, and our exceptional attention to detail. In addition to building custom homes, we also specialize in remodeling your current house into your dream home! Our skilled team can assess your needs, determine the right design for your addition or improvement, and complete the entire construction process.